Update: Access the Town Hall recording conducted live on September 12th to discuss the retirement of Common Ground.
Because two-thirds of volunteers also give financially, you could miss an opportunity if you are storing volunteer data in a separate system from your donors. Common Ground includes powerful and efficient volunteer management tools to help you recruit, recognize, and retain these key community resources. Manage one-time, recurring and multi-day job shifts, track availability and qualifications (for system auto-matching), and launch online shift sign-up forms in just minutes.
- Define work to be done with unlimited flexible shifts & qualification criteria Track individual availability & skills
- Keep a record of all communications between the organization and your volunteers
- Track individual availability, training, capabilities & skills
- View registrations via any channel, and track actual attendance
- Common Ground Social: Allows committed supporters to fundraise on your behalf
Common Ground’s event management functionality allows you to control all your event details from one database. Set date, time, location, capacity and more for every event, whether a gala or participation event. Launch an online registration or ticket form anytime – with social sharing built right in. Track invitations and responses, sponsorships and donated supplies/services, create and assign multiple attendee levels, record any payments, and even note all expenses.
Common Ground’s event management functionality includes:
- Online event registration and ticketing, including multiple attendee levels
- Sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Multi-channel invitations, response tracking, payment status, and refunds
- Expense tracking, with attachment of vendor contracts for institutional memory
- Event check-in manager
Online Fundraising & Marketing
Using Common Ground™ Fundraising*, you can quickly and intuitively build campaign-specific forms and easily announce them to your supporters. Modify them for capturing online donations, newsletter signups, event ticket sales or urgent appeals – it’s up to you. Do it all within minutes, with no technical expertise required.
- Unlimited online forms, customizable with your look and feel—no hidden costs!
- Seamless integration with leading email marketing tools such as Constant Contact and Vertical Response
- Online inquiries and form submissions flow automatically into your database (no manual intervention required)
- Self-service center for supporters where they can update email preferences, credit card information, recurring gifts, and more
- Secure forms hosted on 128-bit encrypted, PCI-compliant infrastructure
- Customized, IRS-compliant email receipts automatically generated for any payment
You can’t afford to be tied to your desk all the time and staying connected isn’t just a luxury, it’s a must-have for your organization’s future success. Whether you’re on the road or in a meeting, Common Ground™ makes it easy to access your donor information from any handheld device. Record activities, access vital information like phone numbers and addresses, review a donor’s past history with your organization or even assign tasks to your staff. Plus, you’ll have access to view real-time dashboards from a hotel lobby, your son’s baseball game or a restaurant. It’s total access to your information – anytime, anywhere.
- Instant access to your donor database
- View and modify prospect and donor information including contact information, prospective major gift amounts, event registration status, and more
- Create and assign tasks to staff with real time notification
- View dashboards and your assigned tasks
Status updates. Likes. Tweets. Everyone’s talking about social media , but can it really deliver more than just “awareness” for your cause? With Common Ground it can - new dollars, new donors, and new insights await, together with the ability to scale up your fundraising - even with a small staff. Common Ground Social* delivers everything you’d expect from a modern fundraising tool: easy-to-use tools for supporters to help share your mission with their friends and family and seamless integration of those interactions back into your database. Your nonprofit can be up and running in no time with:
- Easy-to-use, mobile-compatible interface: 24/7/365. Your supporters can sign-up to fundraise, form teams, and share their unique personal stories of support far and wide via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more - all in less time than it will take for you to read this webpage.
- Dynamic leader boards spur fundraisers to achieve: Display dynamic rankings of top individual fundraisers and top fundraising teams, without any manual intervention by your staff
- Data flows seamlessly: New gifts and donor data populate your database automatically. Common Ground Social takes note of the human factors driving social fundraising. Soft credits are automatically applied for your social solicitors, so they can get the white-glove treatment they deserve. And key social relationships - like who knows whom & who influences whom - are captured and tracked like the rare & valuable insights they are; Common Ground automatically logs two-way relationships between social solicitors and their donors, as well as between social team captains and their team members.
Helpful tip: think twice about Old-School peer-to-peer fundraising tools that call themselves social. These may not provide the nonprofit with social donors’ contact information, or may require staff to dig through gifts, one-by-one, to see who asked whom. Too often, such insights get lost in the data entry backlog. And these are the insights that make Facebook worth billions!
Major Gift Fundraising
With Common Ground you can identify and track major gift opportunities and then forecast anticipated income. Common Ground tools help you implement a moves management plan letting you track and document all interactions with major donors and prospects so you coordinate team efforts and you keep institutional memory intact.
- Use built in moves management templates or customize to fit your needs
- Report on the progress of opportunities and forecast on potential revenue
- Create tasks and automate staff assignments to save time and ensure your plan stays on track
- Document and track all activities in one location so efforts aren’t affected by staff turn-over
Common Ground excels at grant fundraising, because each and every funding opportunity can be tracked from start to finish– including the steps you’ll take, post-award, to cultivate ongoing support from a granting foundation. And with all milestones, tasks, designations, and materials for a particular funding opportunity documented in an orderly fashion, you’ll be able to forecast all anticipated grant income by program, even if multiple opportunities exist for various programs from any foundation. New development staff will love the ability to quickly reference previous grant applications, including notes taken as to who communicated what when, and why opportunities were won or lost. Record any funds received, assign recurring tasks to meet any reporting requirements, and document subsequent opportunities at any time.
- Research and record information about granting foundations and corporations, including employees, board members, previous recipients, and more
- Enable staff and volunteers to quickly create grant opportunities, including entering milestone dates, attaching forms, and noting previous recipients
- Automate delivery of a list of upcoming grant cycles your team will evaluate for qualification and possible application
- Create tasks and automate assignments related to the different parts and stages of the grant process.
- View tasks, reports, and documents completed by inhouse or external grant writing professionals
- Forecast grant revenue by program, for any time period
With Common Ground™ targeting the right supporters with the right ask is a snap. Step-by-step instructions walk you through campaign set-up and intuitive segmenting tools let you quickly identify the right supporters for your appeals. Export your results to power your direct mail efforts or raise money online via Common Ground’s seamless integration with leading email marketing providers. And with built in tracking and reporting you can monitor performance and optimize for future campaigns. You’ll become more efficient; spend less time with spreadsheets and spend less money sending appeals to the wrong supporters.
- Solid campaign/appeal structure with built in direct marketing best practices to help you organize your outreach
- Step-by-step instructions that walk you through your campaign set-up and launch
- Intuitive segmentation tools that let you slice and dice your data in unlimited ways enabling your organization to target the right supporters
- Over 200 pre-built reports that let you analyze campaigns, appeals and segment performance in real time and over time
Fits Your Organization
All organizations are different and the operations of every organization are unique. While Common Ground comes complete with all the functionality you’ll need to get started, it’s built to be easily customized by non-technical staff. It’s designed to fit your organization. And because it integrates with the systems you use the most, like Microsoft® Outlook, Constant Contact and Quickbooks®, you’ll be able to work the way you want and feel confident that the system you have will be flexible enough to evolve with you as you grow.
- Technical staff, not required. With clicks, not code, non-technical Common Ground staff can make changes and deploy them in minutes
- Easily add new fields, change page layouts, restrict views and data access, build custom reports, create custom workflows to alert staff of various activities and design entirely new modules to serve your specific needs
- Designed to work with the systems you use the most, like Microsoft® Outlook, Constant Contact®, or even QuickBooks®
Make monthly accounting reconciliation a repeatable, predictable process with Common Ground, which offers powerful tools to help keep your financial data clean, auditable and secure. Eliminate double-counting, since gift entry staff will be alerted regarding pledging households. Streamline your gift entry process with batch templates you configure, including setting default values like campaign and designation, further ensuring efficiency and accuracy. And with online transactions flowing seamlessly via Common Ground™ Fundraising*, you’ll have less data entry, with funds available in a faster, more predictable stream. Your accounting team will rest easy knowing that the posting of batches locks transactions from accidental modification, and also that the reconciliation template is highly flexible to meet their needs, be they using Quickbooks or any other common accounting package.
- Customizable campaigns, designations, and appeals to match accounting needs
- Pledge payment interceptor
- Single and batch gift entry screens are fully customizable, including making fields required
- Fast, predictable fund availability with online donations
- Posted transactions locked, to stay in sync with accounting
- Fully-customizable reporting of all funds raised, and forecasted funds
Reporting and Analysis
Make your data work for you, and not the other way around. With built-in reports and the ability for you to customize with easy drag-and- drop features, Common Ground helps you create and organize reports to fit your unique organization. Instead of spending hours compiling data, use the time to spot trends, identify opportunities, make quick decisions and report on progress in real time. You can even automate reports to be sent to inboxes weekly, or even daily, so you and your staff are always up to date on everything from the major gift pipeline, event ticket sales, monthly giving, grants and more.
- Easy to use built in reports organized in folders by topics
- Customize reports with easy drag and drop features
- Automate report delivery to inboxes, saving you precious time
- Identify opportunities and trends that help you bring in more dollars